Tuesday 23 July 2013

L.I.E Design School at Plymouth Arts Centre

Hello everyone, I don't normally write any diary style blog entries but had such an exciting an inspiring week last week at the L.I.E Design School, I really wanted to share and record my experience! 4 day summer school curated by the clever guys from the Library of Independent Exchange (L.I.E) I spent the week with like minded people of all ages looking for a little bit of extra learning about book design. The tutors included Holly Wales, Ken Killerton from Hato Press, Stephen Smith from Neasdon Control Centre, Harry Blackett from An Endless Supply and Sofia Stevi, it was great getting to pick their brains and allowing ourselves to make playful and experimental images in the workshops. We ended up creating a book each day (one of which will be in the L.I.E archive very soon); working towards outcomes that were different to my normal style has freed up my brain and hand/arm drawing muscles so watch this space for some new projects. It was such a wonderful week and it was in Plymouth (hurray!). Here's a couple of pictures of what we got up to...

Playing with typography

Plum mouth picnic hat making (Thanks for snapping this @HyperPattern)

Drawing narrative


No comments: